Sunday, July 26, 2015

Top 3 Free Apps For Baby & Toddlers 1, 2 & 3 years old - Fisher Price

I admit that I frequently allow my son to have some 'Technology Sessions' ever since he was one years old. However I do limit his time and I realized sometimes technology is not always bad for babies.

I used these few apps for my son and he actually managed to learn about animal sounds, the alphabets and rhymes through repetition (meaning the more he played or uses the app, the more he his able to grasp the concept or information which was being portrayed.

I love these Fisher Price apps are because most of it does not require internet/ WIFI, it uses limited space and they are advertisement free!

Here are my favourites:

1. Storybook Rhymes



Fisher Price has three Storybook Rhymes which are book like apps. Check them out here: Volume I, Volume II, Volume III. You can flip the pages and the pages are interactive. You can press on the illustrations and there will be music or movements which is great for your little one to learn about action and reactions. It is also a great way to introduce nursery rhymes to your kids.


2. Animal Sounds for Baby


This app teaches about animals and the sound they make. Every time you click on an animal, it will make their animal noise and also do a little dance. There are plenty of melodies, movements and music which will keep your little one entertained for quite a while. For me, this app is quite significant to me because my son learned his first animal sound using this app, it was the elephant which he pronouced as 'wawawa'. He would say 'woooo' whenever he sees a 'wawawa' image. You can check out the app here: Animal Sounds for Baby

3. Learning Letters Puppy

This app is an app which can entertain my toddler for quite a while because it has four types of activities whcih includes music, numbers, alphabets and shapes. The alphabets session are almost like flash cards, which each alphabet will be related to an object. At the end of the alphabet session, they will play the ABC song.


For the numbers session, it is also similar to flashcards with interactive visuals. By the end of the session, there will be a song about numbers. However it is a very basic number session because it only 1 - 10.

For the shapes session, it teaches about 8 shapes using interactive visuals. And just like the other session, it includes the Shape Song at the end of the session.


If your child enjoys all the songs for these three sessions, the app compiled all of the songs in their music session. My son really loves the songs so the music session is his favourite spot to tap.

I find this app really useful because is a 4 in 1 app. There is less hassle to download so many apps.

The only downside of this app is that it uses more storage that the first two app I had introduced. You can check out the app here: Learning Letters Puppy

These three Fisher Price apps had been really useful to me and very educational to my kid. I hope you will find them useful too.

Have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment