Sunday, October 27, 2013

Young Mummy


At 24 years old I am a mummy!

To this current society, 24 is a young age to be a mom as many now only have their first child maybe say after 26 years old.

Being a young mom is quite interesting. People usually give you the stares or they don't know how to react to you. If you are being open minded and accept how it is, it is quite funny to look at people's reaction.

When I was pregnant, I always get the stares from strangers because I look younger than my age. So I look like a teenage mum. Honestly, it was very uncomfortable to experience these stares because these starers do not smile at you. They give this sort of ugly look stare like you did something wrong.



But I told myself, I'm going to be a great mum, so let's celebrate and be proud of this and not let these stare bring you down. I am also very grateful to have my very dedicated husband whom constantly provide me very strong morale support especially during my pregnancy. He was the most positive person even through the toughest time, always pulling me out of the depths of negativity.

I felt many people had doubts on me too. Maybe because I still have a kid like behaviour. But somehow I knew I can do this. I knew this from my memories of caring for the helpless stray kittens. I really enjoyed taking care of them and don't mind spending lots of time just to feed them, keep them warm and care for them.

My pregnancy it self was easy. I had no morning sickness. I was just feeling tired and sleepy from my fourth month onwards. But the hardest part of my pregnancy was trying to be positive. Think positive. Be positive. I avoided many people whom I felt would give me rays of negativity which I do not need at that moment and spend plenty of time with my family and of course bonding with my baby.

From my pregnancy, it slightly change how I view about the society. I feel that nowadays, as the society progresses, we had become more courteous and more civilized on the outside, but on the inside we have become more judgmental and lack real compassion. It is sad but hey at least I have learn something.




No comments:

Post a Comment