Saturday, June 27, 2015

Top 3 Nursery Rhyme Youtube Channel For Your 1 - 3 Years Old Child

I frequently use Youtube as an informal educational tool for my son and I didn't realise that he was actually absorbing what he was watching since he was 1 year old.

Although I allow him to watch Youtube, it is important to make sure that he only watches it for a limited amount of time to avoid any 'addiction' issues.

Here are my favourites.

1. Super Simple Songs


This channel has plenty of classical nursery rhymes and their visuals and graphics are really well done! I thoroughly enjoy watching their videos together with my son. Besides that, some of the nursery rhymes has been simplified so that your little one whom has very limited vocabulary can also sing along =) If you are bored with the usual nursery rhymes, they also have their own original simple nursery rhymes which are easy to sing along such as Walking In The Jungle, Little Snowflake, Wag Your Tail, My Teddy Bear and so much more.



If you prefer nursery rhymes narrated by children and adults instead of animations, Mother Goose Club is a good choice as well. They have many variety of rhymes with plenty of movements which your little one could immitate along! What I like is that the Mother Goose team wears really colourful costumes and they have a series of video specifically on rhyming. A few songs I enjoy singing with my son are the Ice Cream Song, Rockin' Robot and the Alphabet Train Food Train



3. Hi 5 Official TV
Hi 5 is an Australian children educational program. At every start and ending of each episode, they will perform a very up beat dance which is quite effective to make my son dance or more like jump! This program has several sessions which focuses on music, animals, shapes, story telling etc. My son doesn't really watch story telling or non musical videos, so he usually just prefers the opening and ending song and dance session a.k.a Songs of the week. You can check out their playlist of the Song of the Week for each season. Eg: Season 7 & Season 13 are some of my favourite.



These are really good channels which you and you kids will enjoy watching together.

My son watched these videos for a year or so and he actually memorized these songs without my knowledge. One day he just suddenly started singing the ABC song or reciting numbers when he was 1 year plus. He could also sing the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Baba Black Sheep and several other common rhymes without me teaching him. Their brains are so absorbant like a sponge.

Sometimes, your kids many not be interested in these videos. One way to make them be interested is to sing along (some of these video has captions) and create actionas and movements to attract their attention. That worked for me.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment